The £30m New QEII Hospital in Welwyn Garden City is a modern, welcoming and sustainable place for local people to access the hospital services that they use most often. East and North Hertfordshire CCG, the local, GP-led NHS organisation, has planned the hospital and the health care it will provide.
The new hospital has:
- An Urgent Care Centre - open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week treating adults and children of all ages with a wide range of minor illnesses and injuries.
- General outpatient services
- A purpose-built area for children’s outpatient services
- Diagnostic tests (MRI, CT scans and X-rays)
- Day treatments and procedures that don’t need an overnight stay in hospital
- GP out of hours services
- Therapy services, such as physiotherapy and other rehabilitation treatments
- Endoscopy and other procedures
- A breast unit
- Ante-natal care
- Routine blood treatments, such as warfarin
The following video about the New QEII Hospital was produced by East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust and first shown at their Annual General Meeting, 14 July 2015.